20 April 2011

Awesome Book Review

Okay pause right here. First I'm pretty psyched cause I just found out I have 27 followers and almost 40 facebook fans, and Second this isn't a  Awesome Book Review, like the title says, but a review of an awesome book. And that book is 'The Charlatan's Boy' by Jonathan Rodgers. Okay. You can press play now. On with the review!

Almost as soon as I started read The Charlatan's Boy, I knew I would enjoy it! The story pretty much drew me in. It is centered on Grady a boy who knows almost nothing about himself. No age. No last name. No parents. For as long as he remembers he has traveled around in a wagon with a huckster named Floyd performing a feechie act. Feechie? Well a feechie is an ugly swamp dwelling creature that people think will kill them in their beds. Actually, they *used* to think that. Belief in feechies is dying, along with Floyd and Grady's business. If you living comes from lecturing(Floyd) about feechies, or pretending to be one (Grady) then people not believing in feechies isn't good. Not good at all!
The book follows the adventures.. or (probably better worded)escapades of Floyd and Grady, trying to earn a dishonest buck or two. My only problem with the book is the ending which seems slightly rushed. (Also if you are a parent looking for a book with good morals for your kids I wouldn't reccomend this book)
    This book is funny, witty, and very enjoyable. Something like Huckleberry Finn... but then again not like it. You'll have to read it for your self and find out. I'm looking very much forward to the sequel. I'm giving it 4.5 stars!

You can find this book on Amazon for only $12 dollars new or maybe your local library has it (Or you can ask them to get it)

That's all for now!
-thedeaLteen

I recieved this book for free from Waterbrook Multonomah in exchange for writing a review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment